Monday, June 27, 2011

Tomorrow is the big bon voyage!

There's a thunderstorm brewing outside so I suppose I will make this (somewhat) quick.

Well...this is it.  All of the many months of preparation, badgering profs for references, prayers, and emails to Colorado have come down to this.  Tomorrow at approximately 1:29pm I will board my flight to Chicago, and then at approximately 3:32pm, I will board my flight to London! Earlier today I checked in for my flights online (hooray for internet!) and proceeded to print out my boarding passes.  I sat on the couch next to my mom and sister, who were watching a soap opera, and I just kind of stared at them for a second, then said something along the lines of "Holy crap, I'm holding my boarding passes in my hand."

As I posted earlier today on Facebook, it's finally starting to hit me and I'm feeling about half a million things at once.  While I am still beside myself with excitement I must also realize that airports are airports and, occasionally, things can go awry.  But I must remind myself of God and His goodness and the fact that He has brought me so far from that glorious sunny Friday afternoon in March to this moment.  Wow...that sounds like cheese! LOL! But hey, I only speak the truth!

So for now, I will say adios as I will be extensively travelling for the next 36 hours.  The concept of time just baffles me as I think ahead and somewhat ponder the very real fact that the next time I post, I will be comfortable in my new temporary home in Seething Wells Hall of Residence with a 5-hour time difference to boot! sha-zam!

It is raining quite heavily now, so I must close.  I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support and prayers.  I will most definitely need them.  I will try to update as soon as possible! :)

blessings, H

No comments:

Post a Comment