Aahh, the final round of the British Open, held at St. Royal George's in Sandwich, Kent, UK.
Left at about 7 this morning...was a bit of a fiasco getting our tickets (if you really want to know the entire headache of the story, feel free to ask me), but, alas, we arrived, golf-force winds and all! Man, and I thought Chicago was windy!!!
We started out sitting in the third hole grandstands, but shortly relocated to food (after battling some umbrella-turning-inside-out winds and rain) and then we eventually ended up at the sixth hole tee. We were RIGHT behind it. So if any of you dear folk were tuning in and happened to see shots of anything behind the sixth hole, you might have seen me (I was wearing a red Aeropostale jacket! lol). :]
These seats behind the sixth tee had us positioned literally about 25 feet from the tee, so, at one point, I was about 25 feet away from...basically, anyone who teed off after 11:45am on. Yes, that does mean Phil Mickelson and Rory McIlroy. w00t!
A funny bit, though: A player (whose name escapes me for the time being) had just finished teeing off, and when he teed off his pants were definitely white. I fished around in my bag for my umbrella and business and as he was making his way to the green his pants were orange! I asked Sydney "wasn't he wearing white pants?". She thought I was insane! I surmise that this will be a long-running joke from now on! :D
But man, it was windy. REALLY REALLY windy. And cold. I say this now thinking that when I return home I'm probably going to die from heatstroke, but seriously. It was cold. It's July, and I'm saying that it was cold. Well...it probably didn't help that our seats/the sixth hole was right beside the coast (which was absolutely beautiful, by the way).
Today, in short, was a lot of fun. Although food prices were completely ridiculous and my face/nose is red again...probably a windburn, if I had to guess, because there wasn't much sun. Anywho, I'm now listening to pretty Harry Potter music. Guess I should get stuff ready for tomorrow...Stonehenge and Bath await me!!!! Cheers!
blessings, H
P.S. Cameras had to be surrendered prior to entering the course, so I apologize for the sore lack of pictures.
P.P.S This just in from Sydney (added about five minutes after posting): Apparently our umbrellas-turning-inside-out/Sydney stuffing her bag into her coat amused Sergio Garcia and Rory McIlroy. Score for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment