So today is Thursday. Which means tomorrow is Friday. That is the start of the first of two long weekends here at the lovely KU, which means.....NO CLASSES TOMORROW!!!!!!!! whooppee!!!! :D
Today I had my first in-class session for creative writing. I honestly didn't think that it would take its entirety of 10am-3pm. Well...it did. And all we did was listen to students read aloud their work and then we and the tutor would critique it. Yep, that's all we did. And our tutor has quite a lot to say! But we did break for 40 minutes for lunch, thank goodness! Otherwise I would have gone absolutely mad! (geez..."mad"...such a British word! lol).
After class ended for the day, I proceeded to partake in a very touristy/American act and buy a bubblegum pink KU hoodie, which I am in love with (I put it on to try it out at about 3:45 this afternoon and I have not taken it off since! Seriously...it fits me better than any Berea hoodie I've ever owned!). Too bad it cost me a small fortune of 25 GBP, but hey...this is probably the only time I'll ever study here!
But then, yes it gets better: I plopped my student carcass in my desk chair, booted up good ol' Sally, and watched, for over two hours, the LIVE STREAM FEED from Trafalgar Square (which I have been to, btw) of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 WORLD. PREMIER. Holy moley, I am so glad I decided to stay in...Traf. Square was utter insanity. I seriously doubt that I would have gotten close enough to even see anyone with the naked eye! However, one of my flatmates did snap a shot of the top of Rupert Grint's head! :D
I'm not even joking, the (really annoying) announcer guy said there were over 10,000 people there. And trust me...Traf. Square is not that big! And I don't do well with large crowds, so I was perfectly content from watching the red carpet action from the comforts of my Seething Wells suite. But the fact that I live in Surbiton and London is just 20 minutes away completely blows my mind!!! I mean, I was in the same vicinity as Daniel freaking Radcliffe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, dorky Harry Potter spaz fan moment over. Next Thursday (or Friday, however you look at it), I will FINALLY see part 2, in 3D IMAX, to boast! Too bad I'll be seeing it 5 hours before all of my lovely friends in the states! Ha! But I promise I won't give anything away. :)
So, yeah...long weekend. Not sure what I'll be doing. Probably writing that essay I mentioned in my previous post. But seriously, it's 700 words, so I'm not terribly concerned. So I'll say cheers for tonight, and I hope everyone has a splendid evening (or afternoon, wherever in the world you may be). :)
blessings, H
No comments:
Post a Comment