Sunday, July 10, 2011

The longest day

Geez, I'm so tired I almost forgot to blog!!! lol.

Today was utterly packed with stuff...my feet are throbbing.  Well, I suppose that's my own dumb fault for wearing brand-new sandals.  Anywho, two other company and myself ventured first out to Hornsey to visit the house set of the movie "Shaun of the Dead".  But to get there we first had to take the train to Vauxhall, then hop on the underground to King's Cross (yes, the same King's Cross in Harry Potter), and then take a train from KC to Hornsey! So I rode and boarded, in between platforms 9 and 10, no joke, a train in King's Cross! Definitely a glorious moment.

After a bit of walking (and stopping to ask for directions) we found the Shaun of the Dead house! As I said on the way back, it was on my list of singlehandedly awesome things I have done with my life! lol.  True to movie form I even purchased an ice cream and can of Coke from the exact same mini-mart that Shaun ventures to! Crazy! Man, I love this country! :D

On top of all of this I visited three museums today: the Victoria and Albert museum (awesome), the Natural History Museum (meh...more for kids), and the British Museum (would have been better if my feet weren't killing me...but it was still awesome).  Posted a few pics from each, as well as the SOTD house!

I call this post "the longest day" because I woke up at 8 this morning, left the housing complex at 9 and did not return until twenty after 7!  Almost a 12-hour day!!! Needless to say, I'm just a little bit tired! lol.  Thank goodness I don't have classes tomorrow, because this girl is sleeping in!

All that awaits me for the rest of the evening is a skype date with my sister, who has since my previous post arrived in Scotland!!! yay!!!!!!! Thanks for following/reading, as always! :)



P.S. Forgot to mention...man, I must be tired, because this was the coolest part of my day: Platform 9 3/4.  That's all I have to say about that! 

blessings, H

w00t!

Shaun of the Dead house!!!

V/A museum

Tiara in the jewelry gallery from the V/A museum

British Museum

Rosetta Stone!!!

Egyptian carving in the British Museum

Relaxing in Russell Square park

No comments:

Post a Comment