Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wimbledon and sun

I'm not much of a tennis person, by any means.  But today, along with two of my roommates, we ventured out to Wimbledon to watch the men's single finals match.  It wasn't surprising that I found myself into it halfway through the second set! LOL! England has some great tennis fans.  Plus, it was only 8 GBP for a grounds pass, which is not bad, considering centre court seats were over 100!  And our seats weren't bad either!

However, I did not wear sunscreen today (strike one).  And I wore a tank top (strike two).  And the sun was out for most of the morning and part of the afternoon (strike three).  Case in point, I am now boasting probably the worst sunburn I have ever had.  I looked in the mirror after returning and I literally gasped out loud.  Yeah, it's pretty bad, so the next few days are going to be a bit rough for me.  But I'm tough, and I'll survive; God will provide, since He's been keeping a very watchful eye on me since I've gotten here! :)

So, moral of the story: Sunscreen.  Wear it.  Now go on my fb and watch the match point video I posted! :)

Oh yeah, totally forgot: We definitely saw Alan Rickman projected on the big screen and I'm pretty sure we were three feet away from Jude Law!!!!!!

blessings, H

No comments:

Post a Comment