Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thus begins the busiest week...

...with a field trip.  Now, I'm not one to bash good intentions.  Seriously.  But I'll make a long story short and say that I don't think it wasn't a very good trip.  So yeah...anyway.  I do understand that there is a cultural aspect of it, but I guess I just didn't roll with it too well.  But I did see pigeons.  A lot of pigeons.  Gotta love these fearless British pigeons.  I know I talk about the pigeons a lot, but they really amuse me for some reason. 

On the train back, though, Sophia was sitting next to me and out of the blue she was just like, "I like you, Holly."  I proceeded to tell her that she was a decent person herself, but then she said, "No, really.  You're really easy to get along with."  Honestly made my day.  It's been a LONG time since someone has flat-out told me something along those lines.

After we got off the train, we wandered into a bakery called Gregg's...it's in Surbiton and OHMAHGOSH!!!!!! Can you say cheap cheap cheap, yummy yummy yummy??!?!  Will definitely be returning.  :)

Oh, and I did make my first walk into campus.  Not a bad walk, honestly.  I'm probably going to have to start walking, since the university bus has been discontinued for the summer...

Downloaded the Deathly Hallows part 2 soundtrack...am in love!!! Can it just be Thursday already? I think I just might die of excitement! lol. 

Received an email from my Brit Culture tutor (tutor??? Geez...professor.  Sorry.  Brit lingo) saying that our essays shouldn't be printed double-sided.  Email was sent at 5:50...........library closes at 5:30................ok??!?!!!!??! Mine is definitely double-sided.  Crum.

I really need to get postcards.  My deepest apologies to those I've promised one to.  You will get one from me, I promise.  I just don't know when at the current time.

And...I think that I'm just rambling now.  Yay for being tired.  Although, nowadays I feel as if I'm in a perpetual state of tiredness.  Guess that goes with the "holy-crap-I'm-in-a-new-country" territory.  I probably should go to bed; leaving for Oxford at 9 tomorrow morning and I will  be gone all stinkin' day! Cheers!

blessings, H

If you grow irritated with my drowsy ramblings, please enjoy this picture of this pigeon.

1 comment: