Friday, July 29, 2011

The End.

March 4, 2011: Received a phone call that (literally) changed my life.  At the time I just didn't know it.
March 6, 2011: Started this blog.
March 7-July 29: Have consistently told tales of struggles getting here, new sights and sounds, random musings, all the way up to...
July 30, 2011: The final day. 

It has arrived.  I'm down to the very last hours in this beautiful place.  My suitcase is packed (now whether or not I have to pay 130 GBP in overweight fees remains to be seen...).  The bus is coming in just over an hour to pick me up and take me to the airport.  In just under five hours I will be on my first plane heading back to the States.  Back to home, Mom and Dad, Allie, Nala, all things familiar, loving.  But my time here has officially ended.

It is really hard for me to put into words just how much of an incredible experience these last four weeks have become.  I have learned things that Berea never would have been able to teach me.  I've met so many people, some as if I've known them my entire life.  I've seen places, monuments, that people only dream of.  Oh, the stories we will exchange over the coming months...I can only imagine!

When I first read about this program back in October of 2010, it seemed like a dream, a distant fantasy.  But I must give credit where credit is due...God turned it into a reality!  A reality that has captured some of the fondest memories of my 21 years of life. 

Along the way I have had total unending support from an array of parties!  I am SO grateful!  You know who you are. 

It's now seven am.  Just an hour to go.

To my readers/followers: I cannot thank you enough for taking part in this journey with me!  I sincerely hope that you have enjoyed reading about my adventures as much as I have enjoyed writing about them.  (shameless plug: sis and I are launching a joint blog sometime in August...stay tuned).





























Thank you God! Without You and Your loving goodness, this, all of this, would not have been possible.

To friends: Wow, what can I even say? Some of you I feel like I've known my entire life!  We've had some pretty smashing times together.  The fact that we are all bonded by this time here is pretty awesome.  I hope that you all find joy and beauty in your coming futures and lives back in the States, and that we will all look back on these past four weeks with warm smiles and joy in our hearts.  It is not "goodbye", but rather "see you later."  Keep in touch!   :) <3

Good times:
~"Jose, that is NOT my sticker!"
~Reed and his pj's
~Photobomb!
~Christopher Wren!!
~"Happy birthday, UhMURRCAH!!"
~Pimms-o-clock
~Pigeons in the kitchen
~First day of Brit Culture: Katie explaining PDA to Philip!
~Harry Potter.  Enough said.
~Trying to find the fastest possible train to Waterloo or Surbiton
~"The picture" from Bath!
~The Jose anthem!
~Getting lost that first day in Kingston
~Umbrellas turning inside out (a-hem British Open!!!)
~That initial realization of "Oh my gosh, they have STARBUCKS! And McDonalds!!!  And Pepsi!"
~Thinking that 78-79 is hot when, in reality, we're all probably going to incinerate when we get off our planes back home.
~Speaking in British accents at the randomest of times! (That's a good one!)
~Being so loud on the trains that we didn't even care.

I think Sophia said it best when she posted this on Facebook last night:

I'm not going to try and quote anyone famous or say anything memorable, mostly because I can't think of anything better than what's already been said.  So all I choose to leave you with is this: be thankful for what has been given to us, look toward the future, and try (please do) to never EVER forget the beautiful things that happened here this summer.


Thanks guys!  It's been awesome.  :)

(for the last time) Cheers!

blessings, H

(sorry for the wonkiness of the pictures...i hope you enjoy them anyway!)

5 comments:

  1. Glad that my nudge (more like, 'here, book, look') last fall helped you on an adventure of a lifetime. Keep in touch with your friends you made there and one day return. And you know, share all your stories with everyone! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pove you. The end. Can't wait to see you :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Brandi, I definitely owe this trip to you and your book!!!! <3

    I pove you too Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so wonderful that you can appreciate this trip for the life-changing moment it is. Drink it up, Holly!!
    xo B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! It was an absolute blast! :D

    ReplyDelete