Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Two poems of mine!

Cheers! (As they say it so frequently across the pond! :D)

So today was quite a lovely day; visited the Tate Britain as well as the Tate Modern art galleries.  Striking contrast between the two: Tate Modern was way more touristy and congested in terms of people.  Took a riverboat to get between the two and the river view of London is absolutely stunning! Definitely recommend that!

Anywho, since this was for my creative writing class we did have to do some writing.  Basically we had to pick three pieces in the exhibit and, using our first impressions, just jot down some notes.  Nothing fancy, really. 

After we got back I had already eaten and was looking out my window when I noticed that it was raining.  It's so beautiful! :)  This inspired me to write a poem about my experiences and the newness of it all thus far.  I hope you like it.  I also am posting another one I wrote last night.  Enjoy. 

 
“Redskin”

I ventured out this past weekend.  I was sure of the sport, unsure of the endless queues and the tantalizing strawberries and cream catching my eye.  The excitement and anticipation was so present it could have almost been tangible.  The bluest of skies with no clouds; bare-shouldered I went.  Eight hours total outside, two and a half hours of match.  It was only a matter of time.



Everything is New”

My eyes are wide open as I step off the plane
into a giant world of unknown.
A month’s worth of necessities carried upstairs to
J6 where I will meet four girls that I have never known before today.
Everything is easy to get to, town is not as far as I anticipated.
I feel as if I am a wide-eyed freshman again:
alone, meeting new friends, being in a new place.
There is so much to learn!
There is so much to see, and quite sadly, possibly just not
enough time to do it all.
London goes on forever! And ever! 
I find myself staring into the giant world of unknown every morning
and feeling unafraid, bold, ready to embrace it.
Something is new every day: the two-pence coin is the biggest, bold pigeons, lefts
and rights, this and that.
“Mind the gap.”
The evening begins, and out the window
rain has begun falling, slowly, quietly, but it is definitely
raining. 
That is new today.

blessings, H

No comments:

Post a Comment